Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions related to Animal Boyfriend:
Where to Find ID and Password
- Open the application
- On the TOP page, scroll all the way down
- Click/Tap the link that says "Confirm Transfer ID and Password"
- Write that information down and store in a safe place!
How to Perform Data Transfer
This describes how to transfer the current account to another device. Please note that transferring the current account to another devices means the account gets removed from the current device.
NOTE: Do NOT delete the application from the old device until the account has been safely transferred to the new device!
- ID and Password (Refer to above for how to find it)
- Download the application onto the new device.
- Open the application
- Press the nice big "Start Animal Boyfriend" button
- Scroll down, and press the nice red "Data Transfer" button
- Enter the ID and Password into the corresponding fields
- Press the nice big and yellow "Confirm" button
"Your account is now transferred! Feel free to do whatever you want to the old device."
How to Recover Lost Account with no ID and PASSWORD/Contact Support
- If the app was uninstalled, reinstall it.
- Touch the screen after opening the game (the screen should say TOUCH SCREEN at the bottom of the screen)
- Scroll all the way down until the "Contact Support" link is visible.
- Tap "Contact Support"
- Read the information on the next page thoroughly before tapping the nice red button labeled "To the Inquiry Form" at the bottom
- Fill out the required information and be as detailed as possible in the Inquiry box, such as your teacher name, student(s) name and levels, last item bought, and so forth, depending on their response to you on what's needed in order to retrieve the lost account
- Wait for their response patiently and hope the account can be retrieved
- (Optional) If waited for at least 3 days with no response, feel free to send another one, more firmly, but, courteously. Having or showing good manners; polite.
Where to Find Friend ID
iOS Users, unfortunately, this option is closed off until further notice from AMB.
- In the Student's Room or at the TOP page, scroll all the way down to where a banner labeled as "Invite friends and get limited avatars!!" can be seen
- Tap on the banner
- Scroll down until you reach "How to Invite"
- Friend ID for various social media apps are listed here
Premium Packs Questions
Please read Premium in detail before posting up any questions. Chances are the question has been answered on that page.
Is Recycle Robot ever going to change drop list?
Depends on whether or not AMBITION feels like updating it, if ever. The Japanese server has added two different sets to the original set already. Take note, however, the Japanese server is five years older than the international server as of this writing.
Using Comfy Pillows
Comfy pillows are automatically used just before the student hits animal state. It does not work if the student is still working up to that point.
IMPORTANT!! Animal state only happens when the student has been awake for over 48 hours. Ear state is when the student has been awake for over 24 hours. You will be notified of when student is getting close to Animal State on the Information panel, and underneath his portrait (below the Talk button?).
What does "NG" mean?
NG can mean "Not Good" or "No Good". It means that the current student viewing the item with does not meet the requirement listed next to "NG". The requirement could be a level requirement, or it could be an attribute requirement.
- If it is a level requirement, then the student must gain sufficient EXP to reach the required level before the item can be used.
- If it is an attribute requirement, then the student must gain the listed minimum point value in the listed attribute before the item can be used.
Can you get Super Rare Item on free play or as random drop?
Yes. The chances are extremely low with a 5/1000 chance (0.005% for those who fail at math) however. If it's pulled, consider it Devil's Luck.
Can you play AB offline?
No. The game constantly pulls data regarding specific accounts and other game mechanics straight from the server. It is no different from accessing a web page on a browser.
Why can't I study anymore?
It means either the maximum amount of attributes for a student or that attribute specifically is maxed out (check the Student's Status Page and see if the Total Attributes say something like 5000/5000 or if a specific attribute is at 1000). If that's the case, either the total attribute amount must be raised using [Maximum Attribute Up] items from the Item Shop > Buy with G tab or some attributes must be reset using [Attribute] Reset Drinks from the JIN Shop under Items. It's also possible to completely reset all attributes using a [Reset Frog] from the Item Shop > Buy with G tab.
What "etiquette" means:
- The customs or rules governing behaviour regarded as correct or acceptable in social or official life
- A conventional but unwritten code of practice followed by members of any of certain professions or groups: medical etiquette
United States Dictionary:
- Conventional requirements as to social behavior; proprieties of conduct as established in any class or community or for any occasion
- A prescribed or accepted code of usage in matters of ceremony, as at a court or in official or other formal observances
- The code of ethical behavior regarding professional practice or action among the members of a profession in their dealings with each other: "medical etiquette"
TL;DR: Don't be a jerk and read the message underneath the student portrait to see what type of interaction the player wants. In general, A = Advice, S = Socialize, and R = Recommending Outfits (i.e. Rec All means Select the Recommend All button when recommending, but, make sure all slots are filled first). If they don't want anything, please don't give them anything. If they only want some interaction, please follow their request and give them their requested limited interaction.